Vaccine eligibility is based on regional vaccine supply, Provincial direction and regional prioritization. By using the online booking tool, you consent to the collection and use by us and our agents of the personal information you provide for the purpose of booking and managing COVID-19 vaccination appointments. We will use safeguards to protect your contact information in our systems; however, communication by email carries privacy risks.
How will the Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) and London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) use contact information collected through the online appointment booking tool for its COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics?
If you provide your email, we will email information about your appointment, which includes:
- The time and date of your appointment, and
- The location and telephone number of the vaccination clinic.
What should you know about privacy?
- Email is not always private in the same way that a phone call or letter mail can be private. If someone sees your emails, they may know that you have scheduled an appointment at one of our COVID-19 vaccination clinics. They may also see any other information shared in the email.
- MLHU and LHSC will never ask you to send your personal identifiers by text message or email (for example, OHIP number or address). If you get a text message or email asking for this information, please do not respond. This may be a harmful message.
Can I use text messages or emails for an emergency?
No. Do not use text messages or email for medical emergencies. If you need immediate help, call your clinic or health care provider, or go to the Emergency Department of the nearest hospital.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy, please contact the MLHU privacy team.
Collecting sociodemographic data
Ontario is collecting sociodemographic data on a voluntary basis from individuals who get the COVID-19 vaccine.
Data is being collected to:
- Get a more complete picture of who is being vaccinated across the province
- Make sure vaccines are provided in a way that is equitable
- Show us where we need to provide more information to address any gaps
- Help ensure that everyone who wants to be vaccinated is being reached
When you get the vaccine, you may be asked to share information about your:
- Household size
Providing this information will be completely voluntary, and safeguards will be in place to protect your privacy.
You will be able to receive the vaccine whether you provide the information or not.
If you change your mind about allowing your information to be used, you can contact the Ontario Ministry of Health at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you withdraw your consent, the Ministry of Health will stop using your sociodemographic data in the future.